get yourself a Gypsy Soul Tee from Soul Flower to wear on your travels. When Soul Flower added this item, I couldn't believe it. If ever a tee was so apropos for me, it's surely this one.
Cam's Top Ten Places For All Gypsies To See In This Amazing Land Of Ours1. Savannah, Georgia-- an eclectic mixture of characters in a truly beautiful & historical setting. Pirates, Spanish Moss, & River Street, oh my! Added bonus: it's home of the 'Go Cup', where else can you walk around downtown with a good adult beverage in your hand? The simply isn't any other place like it.
2. Nashville, Tennessee-- the bouncers downtown wear cowboy hats. True Story. Grab your cowboy boots & guitar and head down to Music Row.
3. San Francisco-- standing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury felt like an amazing psychic connection to a time I wish I could have been around to see.
4. The Grand Canyon-- a place to just go and be small and take it all in. We are a part of something beautiful here on earth.
5. Las Vegas-- because if you've been, you know why...for better or worse. And, if you haven't...there is no way I can properly explain it to you. I saw The Beatles Love Show by Cirque, and it was almost a religious experience.
6. Live Oak, Florida-- come for Wanee at the Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park, it's the Allman Brothers Music Festival held annually in April. Last year, we saw the Bros, Widespread Panic, Robert Plant, Steve Miller Band, Stephen Marley, Ween, ...and, so many more talented musicians. This year, the Bros will be back headlining with Further, also among many others are Government Mule and Ray Manzarek of The Doors. As a lifelong Doors fan (credit to my dad), I am beyond psyched to see Ray. You can find me down front when he takes the stage...
7. Yasgur's Farm-- the only place on the list I haven't been to yet, but it's on my short list for upcoming road trips. I'm gonna go soak up some hippie vibes, who's with me?
8. Big Sur, California-- where the mountains meet the sea. Watching the sun set into the Pacific ocean was a moment I took in in complete solitude & silence...just blessed to have been a witness.
9. Seligman, Az-- my favorite Route 66 destination. A small map dot (but, you're gonna love the scenery on the way there!) serving as a lasting tribute to the Mother Road. Be sure to stay at the Route 66 Motel, eat at the Road Kill Cafe, and pop in at the Snow Cap for a real treat. On the menu? Dead Chicken. That's what it says :)
10. The Rockies & The Appalachian Mountains...for compare & contrast. Okay, I definitely cheated a little on that. But, you really do have to see both.
I haven't spent much time in the northeast, but my gypsy husband, Berg has and he says NYC is another place to check out. Also, someday I'd like to see the Mall in Washington DC.
Don't forget to share your travels with me in the comments, buds. And, grab your Gypsy Soul Tee from Soul Flower before you take some trips this summer. Maybe we'll see you on the road :)